Below is a guide to help you choose a gemstone for each chakra:
- Crown (white/violet) – Clear Quartz, Selenite or Diamond
- Third Eye (indigo) – Amethyst, Lepidolite or Fluorite
- Throat (blue) – Kyanite, Turquoise or Lapis Lazuli
- Heart (green) – Rose Quartz, Jade or Rhodochrosite
- Solar Plexus (yellow) – Citrine, Yellow Tiger’s Eye or Calcite
- Sacral (orange) – Carnelian, Moonstone or Amber
- Root (red) – Bloodstone, Hematite or Red Jasper
Different sources name different gemstones, but the ones listed above are the most common.
To balance a chakra, lay on your back. Place the gemstone on or near its corresponding chakra. Close your eyes and visualize your energy flowing freely through that chakra for 7 to 15 minutes. You can balance several chakras by placing a gemstone on each chakra you need to balance.
These stones can also be placed near you as you sleep, wearing them as jewelry or carrying them with you. The closer the gemstone is to its corresponding chakra the faster the gemstone balances that chakra.
Some gemstones help balance the chakras in more than one way:
- Smoky Quartz – grounds the chakras from the crown to the root
- Malachite – opens and cleanses all the chakras
- Tourmaline – cleanses and protects all the chakras
- Kyanite – aligns all the chakras to each other
Note: Before and after the chakra balancing, the gemstones you used should be cleansed with salt water, placing in the sunlight or putting the gemstones with Citrine or Kyanite.
When your chakras are in balance you may feel relaxed, less stressed and/or energized. However, balancing your chakras is not a medical solution. Call your doctor if you are experiencing any health concerns.
Want to learn more about the energy of gemstones for healing, balancing and protection? Call 440-933-7733 to register for our class, “Learning About Gemstone Energy”, on Thursday, February 22, 2018 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm.
Learn more about chakras on our blog post, “What Are Chakras?”.